5 & 25 LITRE ROOF BITUMEN PRIMER-METAL,CONCRETE,FELT,ASPHALT,FLASHBAND PRIMER
MASTER BITUMENS Bitumen Primer is a thin black primer used to give a key prior to applying bitumen paints and roof coatings.
Also suitable as a primer prior to applying any flashing tape system.
Benefits & uses
- Fast drying.
- Suitable for use with all bituminous surface coatings
- Mainly used for priming
- Concrete roofs, floors, cementicious screeds, renders, Bitumen felt, asphalt, mastic
- Weathered corrugated iron and steel.
- Do not use in areas where subsequent solvent contact is likely.
- Avoid inhalation of vapours in confined spaces.
- Allow sufficient drying time before overcoating.
Preparation of the surface All surfaces must be sound, stable and thoroughly clean and dry.
Metal surfaces should be wire brushed to remove rust.
can be applied over red lead or zinc phosphate
Remove tar based paint systems before use.
New galvanised surfaces should be roughened with a wire brush or treated with a proprietary etch primer,
Fibre cement or rag felt apply generously to saturate the surface.
4 to 6 meters Square per litre depending on porosity of subsrate
11 meters square per litre on non porous surfaces